MEQUON, WI – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Cross Country had a strong performance in their first meet of the 2018 season, finishing third at the Ken Weidt Classic on the CUW campus. A strong showing for the Falcons placed three runners in the top ten.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd out of 9 (68 points)
- Location: Concordia University – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Falcons Top Five: Emma Verbeke (28:03.8); Lanea Bartel (28:34.2); Alyssa Jordarski (28:35.6); Hannah Brandestein (30:01.4); Leslie Christiansen (30:08.5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Verbeke (Appleton, Wis.) paced the Falcons, finishing 6th in the 72-competitor field on Saturday. The sophomore ran a 28:03.8 and had a mile pace of 7:32.
- Bartel (Kewaunee, Wis.) finished second for the Falcons and 9th overall with a 28:34.2 time. Jodarski (Eldorado, Wis.) followed right behind Bartel, finishing 10th and giving Concordia three runners in the top ten.
- Brandenstein (Oconomowoc, Wis.) joined Jodarski as the top two freshman finishers for the Falcons. She ran a 30:01.4 with a mile pace of 8.04 while finishing 21st overall.
- The Senior Christiansen (Morton Grove, Ill.) was the fifth Falcon to cross the line, running a 30.08.5 and finishing just behind Brandenstein at 22nd overall.
- Freshman Hannah Secor (Marengo, Ill.) followed right behind Brandestein and Christiansen and finished 23rd with a time of 30:13.5.
- Ripon College put together a strong outing as they held the first three spots in the meet. Sophomore Madison King paced the meet with a 25:59.1 time.
- The Falcons will run again in three weeks at the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Invite hosted at Whitetail Golf Course. The race is scheduled to start at 4:15 pm on Friday, September, 28th.