MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin University Women's Cross Country team knew heading into Saturday's NACC Championships that if they ran their best race of the season, they would be in the hunt for the conference crown. The Falcons did just that, posting five runners in the top 12 for their first NACC Championship since the 2011 season.
- Falcons Finish: 1st of 13 (40 points)
- Location: Concordia Wisconsin – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Falcons Top Five: Imperl, Sprotte, Sprotte, Lubner, Kulberg, Agnello
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The top 15 runners are honored as All-NACC performers and CUW placed five in the top 15. Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) was recognized as an All-NACC runner for the fourth time in her career as she paced the Falcons with a 24:04.7, good for a fifth-place finish. In addition to the five All-NACC runners, Russ De Lap was honored as NACC Coach of the Year after leading his team to the conference title.
- Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) was right behind Imperl, finishing sixth with a 24:28.3 on the 6K course. Mount Mary had the seventh-place runner, but the Falcons had the next two cross the finish line as well in Adrianna Lubner (Campbellsport, Wis.) and Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.). Lubner came in at 24:44, while Kulberg was ninth overall with a time of 24:46.1.
- The Falcons fifth runner was All-NACC performer Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.). The senior posted a 25:05.3. CUW finished 22 points ahead of Aurora because they were able to put all five scoring runners ahead of the Spartans third runner.
- The Falcons ended up with four more runners in the top 24, including Rileigh Dunning (La Mesa, Calif.) who posted a 25:38.3 for a 17th-place finish. Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.), Megan Senderhauf (Neenah, Wis.) and Alden Goucher (Port Charlotte, Fla.) came in 22nd through 24th in the race.
- Hannah Barrow (27:35.0)
- LaNea Bartel (28:23.5)
- Becca Wert (28:53.2)
- Leslie Christiansen (29:02.8)
- Alyssa Woo (29:10.9)
- Jenna Patterson (29:13.4)
- Kayla Charneski (31:04.6)
- Kaili Depies (31:24.5)
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons won their fifth overall NACC Championships but first since 2011. CUW won three straight from 2009-2011, and also won the second-ever NACC Women's Cross Country Championship in 2007. The Falcons trail only Aurora (6) in terms of Women's Cross Country NACC Championships.
- The Falcons will have next week off before running at the NACC Division III Midwest Regionals. The women's race is set for noon, one hour after the men run.
February 12, 2018 Women's Cross Country earns USTFCCCA All-Academic honor
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
November 11, 2017 Women's Cross Country places 19th at Midwest Regionals
November 10, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country heads to NCAA DIII Midwest Regionals
November 1, 2017 NACC Champion Women's Cross Country back in regional rankings
October 28, 2017 NACC Champs! Women's Cross Country soars to conference crown
October 25, 2017 Race Notes: Cross Country ready for NACC Championships
October 14, 2017 Women's Cross Country performs well at Kollege Town Invitational
October 3, 2017 Sprotte runs towards NACC Women's Cross Country Weekly Award
September 29, 2017 Women's Cross Country competes at UW-Eau Claire Invitational
September 22, 2017 Women's Cross Country places 10th Friday
September 9, 2017 Women's Cross Country places third at home meet
September 8, 2017 Race Notes: Cross County hosts Ken Weidt Classic this weekend
August 30, 2017 Women's Cross Country appears in preseason regional rankings
August 29, 2017 Women's Cross Country strong in two-mile dual
August 21, 2017 Faith pushing Falcons to run as a unit