OSHKOSH, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Cross Country team performed well against some tough competition Saturday, finishing in 11th at the Kollege Town Invitational, hosted by UW-Oshkosh. The runners had to navigate through tough running conditions, but several Falcons had strong days in the 6K race.
- Falcons Finish: 11th of 24
- Location: Lake Breeze Golf Club – Winneconne, Wisconsin
- Falcons Top Five: Sprotte, Lubner, Kulberg, Dunning, Goucher
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) has been the Falcons top runner all season and Saturday was no different as she completed the course in a time of 23:35.98, good for a 14th-place finish in the 353-runner field.
- Adrianna Lubner (Campbellsport, Wis.) was the second Falcons runner to finish, completing the course in 24:32.5. The Falcons had three freshmen in their top five as Rileigh Dunning (25:18.94) and Alden Goucher (25:57.42) posted huge PRs on Saturday. Dunning (La Mesa, Calif.) and Goucher (Port Charlotte, Fla.) had no problems with the difficult conditions in finishing as the fourth and fifth CUW runners.
- Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) had her best race of the season, posting a time of 24:54.57 as the third CUW runner.
- Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) was next in line for CUW, running a 26:14.25. Hannah Barrow (Sheboygan, Wis.) and Megan Senderhauf (Neenah, Wis.) followed with times of 27:05.25 and 27:09.55, respectively.
- Becca Wert (North Aurora, Ill.) clocked in at 27:37.91 and was followed by LaNea Bartel (Kewaunee, Wis.), who ran for the first time this season and performed well with a 28:04.49.
- Leslie Christiansen (28:22.52), Jenna Patterson (28:47.57), Alyssa Woo (29:02.65), Kaili Depies (30:13.14), and Kayla Charneski (30:16.72) rounded out the Falcons lineup.
- St. Norbert took home the team title, scoring 93 points with three runners in the top 20. North Central finished second and host UW-Oshkosh was third.
- Cheyenne Moore of UW-Oshkosh won the individual title with a 22:10.19.
- The race featured teams from six states and some of the top teams in the Midwest Region as well.
- The Falcons are off next weekend before running at the NACC Championships on October 28. CUW will host the NACC Championships and the women's race is set to start at noon.