MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Cross Country programs will race in their first championship-distance event of the 2017 season Saturday. The Falcons will start off their season like they usually do, by hosting the Ken Weidt Classic on the campus of CUW.
- Where: Concordia Wisconsin – Mequon, Wisconsin. (Race Starts by the CUW Tennis Courts)
When: Saturday, September 9th (Men's – 11 a.m.) (Women's – Noon)
- Click here for the Men's 8K Course Map
- Click here for the Women's 6K Course Map
THINGS TO KNOW
- The Falcons Women's Team is looking to repeat as Ken Weidt Classic Champions. Last season, CUW placed three in the top six and five in the top 13, winning the race with 35 points. Nora Imperl won the individual title at last season's meet, running a 23:13.3 on her home course.
- The CUW Men's Team placed fifth at the Ken Weidt Classic a season ago, totaling 148 points. The Falcons lost their top two runners from last year's meet to graduation, but Craig Reese returns after placing 31st a season ago. Reese won a two-mile exhibition race against MSOE last week and is expected to lead the Falcons at the Ken Weidt Classic this weekend.
- There will be a new team champion on the men's side this season as Concordia St. Paul will not be back to defend its title. The Golden Bears won last year's title with 39 points. Last year's runner-up on the men's side, MSOE, will compete at this year's meet as well.
- The Falcons returned a talented team on the women's side, led by Imperl. Also back in the fold are seniors Cassandra Sprotte, Martha Kulberg, and Paulina Agnello, along with juniors Molly Wirtz and Carolyn Arndt.
- The Falcons Women's Team is ranked 10th in regional rankings.