WINNECONNE, Wis. – Junior Nora Imperl ran her personal-best time, finishing 18th in a loaded meet at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals Saturday. As a team, Concordia University Wisconsin finished 14th, led by Imperl. She now has a shot at qualifying for the NCAA Division III Championships as she will find out her fate Sunday.
- Course: Lake Breeze Golf Club – Winneconne, Wisconsin
- Falcons Finish: 14th of 38 (396 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Imperl 22:28; Ashley Scheele 23:26; Cassandra Sprotte 23:43; Martha Kulberg 24:01; Molly Wirtz 24:14.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) ran the best 6K of her career, finishing in 22:28. For her to qualify, three at-large teams (Chicago, UW-Oshkosh, and UW-Eau Claire) would have to qualify for the NCAA Championships. After the teams are selected, the top seven runners not from those teams also qualify as individuals. Imperl needs all three to be chosen as at-large teams to run next weekend.
- Scheele (Kohler, Wis.) was next in line for the Falcons with a time of 23:26, her second-best effort of the season. She was followed by Sprotte, who posted a season-best time of nearly a minute, completing the course in 23:43.
- Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) was the next to cross the finish line for the Falcons as the junior posted a time of 24:01, an 11-second PR. Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) came across next at 24:14.
- The final two runners for the Falcons on Saturday were Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) and Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.). Agnello ran a 24:18, the second best effort of her career, her PR coming last year at the regional meet. Erl was next, closing out her career with a time of 25:06.
- Washington University of St. Louis captured the regional title by scoring 66 points and outdistance UW-Lacrosse (81) by 15. Those two teams automatically qualified for the NCAA Division III Championships, held next weekend in Louisville.
- Khia Kurtenbach of the University of Chicago won the individual title, running a race of 21:42.
- Imperl will find out if the three teams she needs to qualify for the NCAA Championships do so tomorrow as the field will be released at noon central time.