WINNECONNE, Wis. – Nora Imperl once again paced the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Cross Country team Saturday at the UW-Oshkosh Kollege Town Sports Invitational. The meet featured several of the top teams in the Midwest as the Falcons placed 20th. Imperl led the way with a 26th-place finish and a PR time.
- Meet: UW-Oshkosh Kollege Town Sports Invitational – Lake Breeze Golf Course – Winneconne, Wis.
- Falcons Finish: 20th of 36 (552 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Nora Imperl – 22:40.3; Ashley Scheele – 23:17.77; Martha Kulberg – 24:12.03; Carolyn Arndt – 24:33.62; Cassandra Sprotte – 25:01.72
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) showed why she is one of the top runners in the region by placing 26th in 528-runner field. She clocked in with a time of 22:40.3, her best effort in her three-year career. Imperl was also third among NACC competitors Saturday.
- Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) continued her recent impressive run by posting another PR on Saturday. The junior ran a 24:12.03, besting her effort from a week ago by 12 seconds. Scheel (Kohler, Wis.) also impressed, posting a season-best mark of 23:17.77.
- Arndt (Rochester, Minn.) has also been running well as of late and once against finished as a scoring runner for the Falcons. She came across the finish line in a time of 24:33.62. Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) came in next at 25:01.72.
- Senior Jolyn Achs (Gurnee, Ill.) turned in a strong performance for the Falcons, running a PR 6K race of 25:26.44. Her effort was a season-best time by over a minute-and-a-half and was a PR by seven seconds.
- Freshman Kaili Depies (Cedar Grove, Wis.) also posted a PR on Saturday, coming across the finish line in 26:48.62. Sophomore Alyssa Woo (Greenfield, Wis.) also posted a PR with a race of 27:39.22, almost a minute better than her previous best effort.
- Washington University of St. Louis won the team title by scoring 94 points. They placed three runners in the top 15 en route to the victory.
- Erin Herrmann of Hope won the race by crossing the finish line in 21:22.48.
- The Falcons are off next week before returning to race at the NACC Championships in two weeks. The women's race is set for a noon start and will be hosted by Wisconsin Lutheran College at Greenfield Park.