MEQUON, Wis. – Running on their home course, the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Cross Country took advantage of the familiarity as four runners earned All-NACC honors Saturday at the league championships. Senior Marya Haegler, junior Ashley Scheele and sophomores Nora Imperl and Cassandra Sprotte all earned All-NACC honors.
Falcons Score: 3rd Place – 58 points (Haegler – 3rd, Scheele – 8th, Sprotte – 10th, Imperl – 15th, Kieselhorst – 22nd).
Location: Mequon, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin
Team Champion: Edgewood College (43 points)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons finished just 15 points behind Edgewood, who claimed the team title with 43 points. CUW four All-NACC runners tied for the most with Edgewood.
- Haegler (West Bend, Wis.) paced the Falcons with a season-best time of 22:56.6, which was third out of all runners. The All-NACC honors were the first for her in a Falcons uniform, although she also accomplished the feat previously with Wisconsin Lutheran. The season-best time for Haegler was even more impressive when you consider the rainy conditions the runners were dealing with Saturday.
- Scheele (Kohler, Wis.) became a three-time All-NACC honoree after finishing eighth on Saturday. She crossed the finish line in 23:45.2.
- Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) earned her first All-NACC recognition after placing 10th in the 6K race. She posted a time of 23:58.6, while Imperl ran a 24:57.7. It was déjà vu for Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) as she finished 15th at the NACC Championships for the second straight year, securing the final All-NACC selection.
- The final scoring runner for the Falcons Saturday was freshman Sara Kieselhorst (Waukesha, Wis.), who posted a time of 25:28.6.
- CUW had a total of 19 runners compete in the race on Saturday. Of the other 14 runners, two posted season-best times and one had a PR in senior Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.). Erl crossed the finish line in 26:30.9.
- Edgewood claimed the team title thanks to an individual title Natasha Zanoya of the Eagles. Aurora was second in the team standings, finishing just three points ahead of the Falcons.
- CUW will compete at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals in two weeks. The meet, hosted by Augustana College, is set for an 11 a.m. start.