MEQUON, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin overcame a slow start to down NACC rival Lakeland 3-1 (17-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-15) on Wednesday night to start conference play with a victory.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Lakeland 1 (17-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-15)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-4, 1-0 NACC; Lakeland 5-7, 0-1 NACC
QUOTING GABRIELLE PAVLIK
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin wasn't playing its best volleyball and connecting offensive, resulting in a -.042 attack percentage, but they regrouped and put together a solid performance in the next three sets. The Falcons went on to hit over .300 in sets two and three to game the momentum and engage cruise control.
- They have now won four matches in a row, largely due to depth in all areas on the court.
- Sophomore Gabrielle Pavlik (Pewaukee, Wis.) led all players with 12 kills and hit an outstanding .524, while senior Kendall Stribling (Greenfield, Wis.) posted a career-high 11 kills and a .304 attack percentage. They combined for 23 of the teams 37 kills.
- Junior Cristina Stinson (Aurora, Ill.) and sophomore Makenzie Vertz (Mukwonago, Wis.) each dished out 21 assists, while sophomore Madelyn Alton (Farwell, Minn.) dug a team-high 12 attack attempts.
- Sophomore McKenna Nigl (Richland Center, Wis.) and Stribling were strong at the net and combined for blocks on three out of five consecutive points by the Falcons early in the second set.
- Shannon Bishop paced the Muskies with nine kills, while Neenah Primas recorded 29 assists. Sydney Pingitore had 16 digs.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete in the Carthage Invitational on Friday and Saturday against host No. 10 Carthage, Rose-Hulman and Finlandia.
October 18, 2019 Falcons soar on senior night against Benedictine
October 16, 2019 Falcons fall to No. 7 UW-Whitewater
October 15, 2019 Mayer named NACC Player of the Week
October 12, 2019 Falcons do it again with fifth set win
October 11, 2019 Women's Volleyball nearly upset by IIT
October 8, 2019 Falcons offense shines bright in NACC victory
October 5, 2019 Falcons cruise against Cougars
October 4, 2019 Falcons continue winning streak
September 28, 2019 Dominant defense leads to sweep
September 24, 2019 Depth evident in Women's Volleyball victory
September 21, 2019 Falcons sweep Rose-Hulman, Finlandia
September 20, 2019 Falcons fall to No. 10 Carthage
September 18, 2019 Pavlik, Stribling have career nights in NACC victory
September 14, 2019 Women's Volleyball wins two at Millikin Fall Invitational
September 7, 2019 Volleyball defeats Elmhurst to close Pointers Invitational
September 6, 2019 Women’s Volleyball battles at Stevens Point
August 31, 2019 Women's Volleyball wins fourth-straight CIVT title
August 30, 2019 Women's Volleyball drops pair of matches to begin season
August 27, 2019 Women's Volleyball looks to continue recent success