MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin locked up the second seed and a first-round bye for the NACC Tournament after a 3-1 (25-14, 25-12, 18-25, 25-22) victory over Wisconsin Lutheran inside the R. John Buuck Field House. Prior to the match, the program honored its four seniors for their dedication and commitment.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1 (25-14, 25-12, 18-25, 25-22)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 18-8, 10-2 NACC; Wisconsin Lutheran 16-10, 7-5 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin cruised during the first two sets, hitting over .200 at the net and limiting Wisconsin Lutheran to .069 and -.059 to own all the momentum in the matchup.
- Playing for seeding in the postseason themselves, the Warriors put together an 8-1 scoring run in the early stages of the third set to take control. They would hold on to that lead and closed the frame with 4-0 scoring run to send the contest into another frame.
- The Falcons offense returned to form in the fourth set by hitting .184 to clinch the victory, the second seed and a first-round bye in the NACC Tournament.
- Junior Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) had a match-best 14 kills and 19 digs, while junior Holly Anderson (Grant Park, Ill.) tallied 11 kills and four block assists. Freshman Madelyn Alton (Custer Park, Ill.) recorded 10 kills, 15 digs and two service aces.
- Seniors Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) and Mackenzie Wockenfus (Appleton, Wis.) had 25 and 21 assists, respectively. Senior Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) had six kills and four block assists.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's Mercedes Pye recorded 10 kills and 13 digs. Cassidy Johnson had 25 assists and Alyssa Charon registered six block assists.
- The Falcons improved their home record to 8-2 and has won double-digit matches in league play for the third-straight season.
- Concordia Wisconsin had 12 total blocks in the match and has had at least 10 or more in four contests this season with a 3-1 record in those.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will host the winner of the No. 3 Dominican vs. No. 6 Wisconsin Lutheran matchup on Thursday, November 1 in the NACC Tournament semifinal at 7 pm.