MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin had a balanced attack throughout the lineup, which resulted in a 3-0 (25-14, 25-21, 25-12) victory over Alverno on Friday night during NACC play inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Alverno 0 (25-14, 25-21, 25-12)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-2, 5-0 NACC; Alverno 2-16, 0-4 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin turned a 9-8 lead into a 17-11 advantage, which shifted the momentum in the opening set and set the tone for the rest of the match. They held a double-figure lead for the majority of the third frame after getting back in a close second set.
- Senior Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) and junior Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) each had eight kills for the Falcons, while seniors Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) and Mackenzie Wockenfus (Appleton, Wis.) combined for 24 assists.
- Mayer had seven digs and freshman Olivia Richter (Naperville, Ill.) tallied four block assists.
- Cailey Jeske led the Inferno with six kills and Morgan Lemner had 12 digs.
- The Falcons hit at least .238 in each set throughout the match.
- In all, 16 players received playing time for Concordia Wisconsin.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete on Saturday at Carroll (12 pm) and against UW-Eau Claire (2 pm) in non-conference matches.