MADISON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin began the match strong and had one hiccup, giving the third set away to Edgewood, before earning a 3-1 victory on Tuesday evening inside the Todd Wehr Edgedome.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Edgewood 1 (25-18, 25-19, 24-26, 25-21)
Location: Todd Wehr Edgedome (Madison, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-2, 2-0 NACC; Edgewood 2-10, 1-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons had an outstanding performance in the opening set, hitting .414 (15K-3E-29A) compared to the Eagles .069, which allowed them to take a 1-0 lead in the early going. It appeared as if the visitors were putting together another sweep after taking the second stanza, 25-19, and making it difficult on the hosts.
- However, Edgewood overcame a 22-20 deficit late in the third frame and compiled a 6-2 scoring run and needed extra points to win 26-24 and extend the match. During the scoring run, they had three kills and took advantage of three Concordia Wisconsin miscues.
- The fourth set went to the Falcons, which resulted in their 26th-consecutive league victory.
- Senior Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) led all players with 15 kills and a .323 attack percentage. Junior Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) added 12 kills with a .212 attack percentage. Junior Kendall Stribling (Greenfield, Wis.) and freshman McKenna Nigl (Richland Center, Wis.) ended with eight kills apiece.
- Senior Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) ended with a match-best 27 assists, while freshman Madelyn Alton (__) dug a match-best 14 attack attempts.
- Sarah Pfeifer led the Eagles with 10 kills, while Alex Zapuchiak tallied 20 assists. Sarah Uczen had 11 digs and three service aces.
- Concordia Wisconsin never hit below .206 in any set during the victory. During their current five-match winning streak they have posted an average of .221 at the net.
- The Falcons are 5-0 in true road matches this season.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will have a few days off before hosting MSOE on Saturday at 12 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.