MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin and Aurora will battle on Friday at 7 pm for what is most likely the match that will decide who will win the outright NACC regular season title. The Falcons also host Benedictine on Saturday at 2 pm in a league matchup inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Who: Concordia Wisconsin (22-2, 8-0 NACC), Aurora (19-5, 8-0 NACC), Benedictine (4-18, 3-5 NACC)
Where: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
When: Friday, October 20 (7 pm), Saturday, October 21 (2 pm)
Live Coverage: CUWFalcons.com will provide live video and live statistics vs. Aurora and Benedictine.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- Fans can access the digital program by clicking here. Printed programs are also available in a limited quantity at the match for $2 each.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
• IT COMES DOWN TO THIS: Aurora and Concordia Wisconsin battle to become the last undefeated team in the NACC and as a result will have the inside track on winning the outright regular season title, assuming they win out. Last season the Spartans and Falcons meet in the NACC Tournament Championship game, with Concordia Wisconsin winning 3-1 to earn a bid to the NCAA Tournament.
• KATZ WINS 100: Last Friday, head coach Janelle Katz won her 100th game as the Falcons leader in just her 148th match. She is the fastest coach to reach the milestone in program history and 70 of her 100 victories ended in a 3-0 result.
• GETTING CLOSE TO 25: Concordia Wisconsin has 22 wins this season, which is three shy of setting the program's all-time single-season mark for victories. During the 2014 season, they posted a 24-7 overall record and last year had a 23-8 record. The Falcons have at least five matches remaining on the schedule.
• SERVING UP A RECORD: Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman is ready to join elite company soon, becoming just the fourth player in program history to serve 100 career aces. She has 93 entering the weekend and at her current average will dial up 10 more aces before the season is over, which would move her into a tie for second place all-time.
• OFFENSIVE POWER: Concordia Wisconsin has five players with 113 or more kills this season and they are hitting a combined .208 at the net. Of those players, Lauren Nevinski ranks fourth in the NACC with a .295 attack percentage, while Amanda Schultz ranks 12th with a .265 attack percentage.