OSHKOSH, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin didn't perform well against host UW-Oshkosh, but responded nicely against Martin Luther during the opening day of the Pizza Hut Classic on Friday afternoon.
Final Scores: UW-Oshkosh 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-13, 25-12, 25-17); Concordia Wisconsin 3, Martin Luther 0 (25-17, 25-18, 25-20)
Location: Kolf Sports Center (Oshkosh, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-1, Martin Luther 3-4, UW-Oshkosh 4-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin struggled against UW-Oshkosh to begin the tournament could only muster a -.011 attack percentage, compared to the Titans hit .338 at the net. The hosts pounded a .579 attack percentage in the second set.
- The Falcons responded a poor offensive performance with a .247 attack percentage to put a check in the win column against Martin Luther.
- Senior Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman (Plymouth, Wis.) posted 11 kills and a .500 attack percentage (11K-0E-22A), while five of her teammates had three or more kills.
- The setting duo of juniors Mackenzie Wockenfus (Appleton, Wis.) and Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) had 17 and 16 assists, respectively, against the Knights.
- The Falcons served seven aces against Martin Luther, with three coming from Erdman.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Erdman's .500 attack percentage tied her career high.
- Samantha Jaeke led all players with 11 kills for UW-Oshkosh and Rebecca Doughty tallied 21 assists.
- Rachel Gardner recorded 12 digs and Shelby Coron accumulated a solo block and two block assists.
- Moriah Hackbarth and Kira Grev each had six kills for Martin Luther, while Heidi Moldenhauer assisted on 13 kills.
- Grev led the defensive efforts with seven digs and the Knights had seven total blocks.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin continues at the Pizza Hut Classic with an 11:30 am match against UW-Stout and a 3:30 pm contest against Lawrence.