OSHKOSH, Wis. – Facing the 22nd-ranked team in Division III Volleyball, as well as a receiving votes UW-Oshkosh, the Concordia University Wisconsin Volleyball team fell in a pair of non-conference matches Saturday at the UW-Oshkosh Pizza Hut Classic. Juniors Lauren Nevinski was named to the All-Tournament Team.
- Final Scores: No. 22 Millikin 3, Concordia Wisconsin 2; UW-Oshkosh 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Kolf Sports Center – Oshkosh, Wis.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-2; Millikin 6-2; UW-Oshkosh 8-2
MILLIKIN 3, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 2 (25-21, 14-25, 26-24, 17-25, 15-9)
- The Falcons battled the 22nd ranked team in the country to five sets, but fell 15-9 in the fifth set.
- Nevinski (New Berlin, Wis.) paced the team with 12 kills in the match, posting a .240 attack percentage. Junior Kaily Moegenburg (Plymouth, Wis.) added 11 kills for the Falcons, who hit .116 as a team.
- Senior Karina Klotz (Hubertus, Wis.) dished out 19 assists, while sophomore Ashley Jehlicka (Salem, Wis.) added 12. Klotz added 10 digs for a double-double, while Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) totaled 23 digs against Millikin.
- Nevinski showcased her blocking ability once again by totaling 10 block assists for the Falcons.
UW-OSHKOSH 3, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 0 (25-14, 25-22, 25-16)
- The host Titans handled the Falcons in the final match Saturday, winning in three sets. The Titans finished the tournament with a perfect 4-0 record, as did Carroll University.
- Sophomore Makenzie Paszek (Sussex, Wis.) paced the Falcons with a nine-kill effort against UW-Oshkosh, including hitting .368 in the match.
- Jehlicka and Klotz continued to set up their teammates, posting 15 and 14 assists, respectively. Moegenburg led the team with nine digs.
- Nevinski again led the way at the net, picking up four block assists for the Falcons.
- CUW will open up NACC play this week with a home match against MSOE Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at the R. John Buuck Field House.