LISLE, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team had another strong showing at the NACC Outdoor Championships, taking third over the two-day event. The Falcons were led by individual wins from Cassandra Sprotte, Nora Imperl, and Jennifer Miller, as well as school records from Irene Bolis and the 4X400-meter relay team.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 10 (134.5 points)
- Location: University Sports Complex – Lisle, Illinois
- Individual Champions: Imperl (3K Steeplechase), Sprotte (800), Miller (Pole Vault)
- School Records: Bolis (100-meter hurdles); 4X400-meter relay (Morgan Marnholtz, Briana Gratz, Sprotte, Alden Goucher)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sprotte had a great final NACC Championships of her career, winning the 800-meter run in a time of 2:21.42 and adding a second-place finish in the 1,500 (5:01.99). She also ran the third leg on the school-record 4X400-meter relay team, which posted a 4:07.45. The four edged a school record, which was set two years ago at the NACC Championships and three of the four were on that previous record-setting relay. Marnholtz, Gratz, Sprotte, and Goucher made up the 2018 version.
- Imperl delivered a pair of top-two finishes, winning the 3K Steeplechase in a time of 11:55.09. She added a second-place finish in the 5,000-meter run, crossing the finish line in a time of 18:46.20.
- Miller led another strong showing from the Falcons in the pole vault as the junior cleared 3.20 meters. The Falcons had three in the top five in the event with Kailey Koehler placing third (3.05) and Sam Meixell finishing fifth (2.90).
- Goucher had a very good couple of days for the Falcons, not only as a member of the 4X400-meter relay team but also with a pair of top-five finishes elsewhere. The freshman was fifth in the 400 (1:01.77) and third in the triple jump (10.98 meters). Marnholtz added a fifth-place finish in the triple jump (10.59).
- Bolis set her school record in the 100-meter hurdles in the prelims, running a 15.98. She ended up finishing sixth in the finals of the event. Bolis was also part of a third-place finishing 4X100-meter relay team. Megan Sprinkman, Tristiana March, Bolis, and Miller ran a 52.04 in the event.
- Chloe Eckstein delivered a pair of strong showings in throwing events as she was third in the javelin throw (32.90 meters) and fifth in the discus (36.60). Christine Swoboda added a fourth-place finish in the javelin (31.77) and Megan Curran posted a third-place finish in the shot put (12.08).
- The Falcons had a pair of top-five finishers in the high jump, led by Nicole Veldhorst who finished third after clearing 1.46 meters. Carolyn Arndt also cleared 1.46 meters and placed fifth in the event.
- Aurora captured a sixth-straight NACC Women's Outdoor Championship. The Spartans scored 207 points, easily out-distancing runner-up Concordia Chicago (142.5).
- Over the next couple of weeks, a select number of Falcons will compete at last chance meets in the area.