WAUKESHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team opened its 2018 Outdoor season in cold conditions Saturday at the Wisconsin Private College Championships. The Falcons performed well as a team, scoring 107 points for a third-place finish.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 10 (107 points)
- Location: Carroll University – Waukesha, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Nora Imperl (10,000); Nicole Veldhorst (High Jump); Jennifer Miller (Pole Vault); Megan Curran (Shot Put)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW had a really strong showing in the field events on Saturday, winning three of those and posting several other top-five finishes. Nicole Veldhorst won the high jump by clearing 1.57 meters, Jennifer Miller posted a win in the pole vault after clearing 3.02 meters, and Megan Curran landed a win in the shot put (12.39 meters).
- Chloe Eckstein placed second in the discus on Saturday, landing a throw of 33.91 meters. Curran added her second top-five finish in the event, placing third at 33.60 meters. Christine Swoboda helped what was a solid day for the Falcons throwers, finishing third in the javelin (31.93 meters).
- Kailey Koehler joined Miller in the pole vault and added another top-five finish for the Falcons. Koehler cleared 2.87 meters, which was tied for the second-best height, but finished fourth due to tiebreakers.
- On the track, Nora Imperl posted a win in the 10,000-meter run, crossing the finish line in 38:27.09. In another distance event, Cassandra Sprotte placed second in the 1,500-meter run (5:06.53).
- Megan Sprinkman ran to a fifth-place finish in the 100-meter dash, completing the race in 13.54. Irene Bolis added a fifth-place finish in the 100-meter hurdles (17.39) and the two were half of the Falcons 4X100-meter relay team, which finished fourth (52.79). Miller and Briana Gratz were the other members of the relay.
- Leslie Christiansen (1,500) - 5:43.87
- Veldhorst (High Jump) - 1.57
- The Falcons will head right back to Carroll next Saturday for the Carroll Invitational.
March 3, 2018 Corkum concludes indoor season at Pointer Final Qualfier
February 25, 2018 Women's Track & Field finishes second at NACC Indoor Championships
February 22, 2018 Women's Track & Field ready for NACC Championships
February 17, 2018 Women's Track & Field competes at Titan Challenge
February 10, 2018 Pole Vault crew paces Women's Track & Field Saturday
January 26, 2018 Sprotte, Bolis set school records at Tadd Metzger Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 5, 2017 Corkum lands NACC Women's Track & Field Weekly award
December 2, 2017 Women's Track & Field opens season at UW-Oshkosh meet