WAVERLY, Iowa – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team competed at the Wartburg Outdoor Select over the weekend. The Falcons had some strong showings in the event, led by a win in the 1,500-meter run by Cassandra Sprotte.
- Falcons Score: 4th of 5 (93 points)
- Location: Walston-Hoover Stadium - Waverly, Iowa
- Individual Champions: Sprotte (1,500-meter run – 4:45.32)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) brought home the win in the 1,500-meter run by crossing the finish line in a time of 4:45.32. Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish in the event after running a 4:58.83. Imperl also placed fourth in the 800, posting a time of 2:22.93.
- Jennifer Miller (Freedom, Wis.) had success on the track as she finished second in the 100-meter dash. Miller was one of three Falcons to finish in the top five in the pole vault, placing third at 3.05 meters. Taylor Corkum (Wauwatosa, Wis.) was the Falcons top finisher in the event as she cleared 3.20 meters. Kailey Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish, also clearing 3.05 meters.
- Nicole Veldhorst (Cedar Grove, Wis.) posted a pair of top-five finishes for the Falcons. She placed fifth in the triple jump at 9.99 meters, while tying for fifth in the high jump (1.49 meters). Morgan Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) finished third in the triple jump, leaping 10.39 meters.
- The Falcons final two top-five finishers came in throwing events. Chloe Eckstein (Reedsville, Wis.) was fifth in the discus throw, landing a toss of 38.26 meters, while Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) placed fifth in the hammer throw at 42.21 meters.
- Stay tuned to this page as a PR list from the weekend will be provided in the next couple of days.
- The Falcons are back in action next weekend at the Private College Championships. The meet, which will be hosted by Ripon, is set for a 10 a.m. start.