STEVENS POINT, Wis. – Senior Ariel Kinlow headed into the Point Last Chance Meet knowing she would need to run her fastest 60-meter dash time yet to qualify for nationals. Kinlow entered the day one spot out of the top 14 nationally, but saved her best for Saturday, posting a 7.69, moving her into the top 10 and locking up a spot for the Division III National Championships next weekend.
- Location: Multi-Activity Center – Stevens Point, Wis.
- Falcon PRs: Ariel Kinlow (60-meter dash) – 7.69 (school record); Karli Tatum (Weight Throw) – 15.86 meters (school record); Colleen Sauvey (Weight Throw) – 15.27 meters.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kinlow (Brown Deer, Wis.) broke her own school record in the 60-meter dash with the national qualifying time. She also holds the school records in the 55-meter dash and 200-meter dash, all from this season. Kinlow's 7.69 in the finals of the 60-meter dash was good for first place.
- Tatum (Milwaukee, Wis.) set the school record in the weight throw last week at the NACC Championships and topped that mark once again this week, posting a throw of 15.86 meters. She entered the day ranked 50th nationally in the event but her new mark could land her in the top 40.
- Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) set a personal-record last week in the weight throw and continued her improvement with a new top throw Saturday. She landed a toss of 15.27 meters.
- Kinlow will be joined by teammate Nicole Larson (Milwaukee, Wis. – Pole Vault) at the NCAA Division III National Championships next weekend. The meet is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday (March 12-13) and will be hosted by Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa.