KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team captured five individual titles en route to a second-place finish at the NACC Indoor Championships Saturday. Senior Karli Tatum led the way with victories in the shot put and weight throw as she was named the Field Athlete of the Meet.
- Falcons score: 157 points (2nd of 10)
- Location: Tarble Athletic & Recreation Center – Kenosha, Wis. (Carthage College)
- Individual Champions: Tatum (Weight Throw, Shot Put), Nicole Larson (Pole Vault), Ariel Kinlow (55-meter dash), Cassandra Sprotte (800).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After setting a school record in the shot put last week, Tatum set the new school and meet mark in the weight throw on Saturday. She landed a toss of 15.53 meters, while adding a throw of 12.68 meters in the shot put for her two titles. Tatum also won the shot put at the indoor meet last season.
- Larson (Milwaukee, Wis.) led a host of Falcons at the top of the pole vault results, clearing 3.50 meters for the individual title. The mark was a meet record. CUW actually had three in the pole vault who would have at least tied the old meet record (3.20 meters) as they placed three in the top four. Freshman Jennifer Miller (Freedom, Wis.) was second, clearing 3.50 meters, while sophomore Ariana Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) placed fourth (3.20 meters).
- As good as CUW was in the pole vault, they were even better in the 800-meter run. Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) won the meet at 2:24.88 as the Falcons went 1-2-3 in the event. Freshman Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) was second at 2:25.82, while sophomore Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) finished third (2:26.26). The Falcons also got a sixth-place finish from freshman Carolyn Arndt (Rochester, Minn.) in the event.
- Kinlow (Brown Deer, Wis.) impressed in the 55-meter dash, running a 7.19 meters, which not only broke her own school record, but also was a meet record. Kinlow has yet to run at a meet this year where she hasn't broke at least one school record. She also placed third in the 200 (26.37).
- Imperl delivered the gutsiest performance of the day for the Falcons, running in the 800, mile, 3,000 and 5,000 (A total of 10,400 meters). She was second in the 5,000 (18:14.03), third in the 3,000 (10:52.46), third in the 800 (2:26.26) and seventh in the mile (5:36.32), scoring in all four events.
- Freshman Morgan Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) added to the list of impressive days for the Falcons, placing in the top six in three events. Marnholtz ran to a fourth-place finish in the 400 (1:02.19), while placing fifth in the triple jump (10.41 meters) and sixth in the long jump (5.16 meters). She also helped the 4X400-meter relay team (Arndt, Wirtz, Sprotte, Marnholtz) to a third-place finish.
- Sprotte added a second-place finish in the mile on Saturday, running a 5:18.87. Finishing just behind her was sophomore Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) who clocked in at 5:19.6.
- Junior Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) landed a huge throw in the weight throw on Saturday and finished third in the event. She recorded a toss of 14.61 meters.
ABOUT THE MEET
- The Falcons finished behind only Aurora (207 points) on Saturday. The Spartans won the team title for the fourth straight year.
- CUW will have a few select athletes compete in last chance meets in an attempt to improve times and distances to try and qualify for the NCAA Division III Indoor Championships in two weeks.