MEQUON, Wis. – The winning streak for Concordia Wisconsin against NACC foes was extended to 29 matches on Tuesday night during a 9-0 shutout of MSOE. During the streak, the Falcons have blanked 18 league opponents.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, MSOE 0
Location: CUW Tennis Courts (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-0, 1-0 NACC; MSOE 0-4, 0-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin won all three doubles matches, but not as easily as it did during singles play. The duos of senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and freshman Elizabeth Johnson (Hubertus, Wis.) and juniors Emma Sievers (Slilnger, Wis.) and Rebekah Spiegelhoff (Mount Pleasant, Wis.) earned 8-3 victories to help put the hosts in front 3-0.
- Spiegelhoff shined during singles competition, with a convincing 6-0, 6-0 win over her No. 6 singles opponent.
- Solberg and freshman Ricki Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) each gave up a game, but ultimately walked away with a 6-1, 6-0 and 6-0, 6-1 decisions.
- In addition to impressive NACC winning streak, the Falcons have captured 10-consecutive matches on their home courts.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Aurora (10 am) and Illinois Tech (2 pm) on Saturday in home NACC matches.