MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin's bottom half of the lineup showed strength during a 6-3 non-conference victory over Carroll to being the 2018-19 season. It was the third-consecutive season-opening victory for the Falcons.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, Carroll 3
Location: CUW Tennis Courts
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-0, Carroll 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin held a 2-1 lead after double play and continued to play well during singles play to play to earn the victory. The duos of junior Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and junior Rebekah Spiegelhoff (Mount Pleasant, Wis.) paired up for an easy 8-0 win at No. 3 doubles, while senior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and freshman Ricki Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) added an 8-4 victory at No. 1 doubles position.
- The Falcons cruised through singles position 3-6 to win their third-straight over the Pioneers.
- Budewitz and freshman Elizabeth Johnson (Hubertus, Wis.) earned their first career collegiate victories, with Budewitz winning 6-2, 6-2 at No. 3 singles and Johnson walking away with a 6-4, 6-2 victory to her credit.
- Sievers had a 6-2, 6-2 win a No. 4 singles and Spiegelhoff accumulated a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 6 singles.
- The Falcon extended their home match winning streak to nine, which dates back to April 8, 2017.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins NACC play on Tuesday with a 4 pm match against MSOE on its home courts.