MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin earned an 8-1 non-conference victory on Sunday morning over North Park in its final tune-up before the NACC Tournament next Sunday. The day was also a celebration fo the senior class (Elizabeth Carroll, Sabine Jacobsen, Hannah Tresedder) for everything they have done for the program.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 8, North Park 1
Location: CUW Tennis Courts (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 18-5, North Park 6-14
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin rolled through doubles play to jump out in front with a 3-0 advantage on the scoresheet. Sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and senior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) blanked their No. 3 doubles opponents by an 8-0 score.
- Senior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) and senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) also won 8-1 at No. 2 doubles in a quick match.
- Singles play was highlighted by Tresedder who walked away with a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 5 singles, while Sievers picked up a 6-2, 6-0 win at No. 4 singles. Junior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) earned a difficult 7-6 (7-4), 6-1 victory at the top singles position.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons have won 11 matches by scores of 8-1 or 9-0 this season.
- Sievers has won eight singles matches in a row. She is also two wins shy from tying junior Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) for the most singles wins in a season.
- Jacobsen moved into sole possession of first place for career doubles victories with 66 and into second place for career singles wins with 52.
- The senior class has compiled a 68-34 overall record over the last nearly four years.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will wait until Monday night to find out who its semifinal opponent is for Sunday's match in the NACC Tournament at Nielsen Tennis Stadium in Madison, Wis. The Falcons are the top seed in the tournament.