LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin had its five-match winning streak snapped on Sunday with a pair of non-conference losses on the road to Lake Forest, 7-2, and Carthage, 6-3.
Final Scores: Lake Forest 7, Concordia Wisconsin 2; Carthage 6, Concordia Wisconsin 3
Location: Lake Forest College Tennis Courts (Lake Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 17-5, Lake Forest 21-2, Carthage 14-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin began its day against host Lake Forest and fell behind early after losing all three doubles points. During singles play, they won two points.
- Junior Baily Kelly (Racine, Wis.) defeated her No. 3 singles opponent by a 6-1, 6-4 decision, while sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) earned a hard-fought 4-6, 6-1, 1-0 (13-11) victory.
- The Falcons again fell behind 3-0 after doubles play against Carthage in their second match of the day.
- Junior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) recorded a difficult 6-3, 3-6, 1-0 (10-7) win at No. 1 singles, while senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) had a lengthy 6-7 (2-7), 6-1, 1-0 (10-6) victory in her favor at the No. 4 position. Sievers added a 7-6 (7-2), 6-0 win to round out her day with two singles decision.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons five-match winning was the second longest of the season, only to their 10-match winning streak to begin the season.
- Sievers pushed her singles winning streak to seven matches and is 9-1 over her last 10 matches.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin has one final regular season match on Sunday, April 29 to prepare itself for the NACC Tournament (May 6) when it hosts North Park.