HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin ends its spring break trip on Friday morning with a 7-2 loss to Washington College after winning twice on Thursday, with a 5-4 decision over Indiana East and a 7-2 victory against Gettysburg.
Final Scores: Concordia Wisconsin 5, Indiana East 4; Concordia Wisconsin 7, Gettysburg 2; Washington College 7, Concordia Wisconsin 2
Location: Hilton Head, S.C.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-3, Indiana East 7-3, Washington College 4-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) won in each of the Falcons victories, with a 6-1, 6-2 match against Indiana East and a 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8) match over Gettysburg.
- Sophomore Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) also won twice, with both coming on Thursday. She defeated her No. 4 Indiana East singles play 6-4, 6-4 to go along with a 6-4, 6-1 decision against Gettysburg.
- Sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) captured a pair of singles wins on Thursday, beginning with a 1-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-8) contest against her No. 5 Indiana East opponent. She also won 6-3, 6-1 versus Gettysburg.
- The pair of Solberg and Kelly won all three doubles matches over the past two days. They won 9-8 (7-5) against Indiana East, took an 8-2 match over Gettysburg and earned an 8-5 decision against Washington College.
- Senior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) and senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) combined to win a doubles match on Thursday and Friday. They defeated their No. 2 doubles opponents from Indiana East by a score of 9-8 (7-5) and then won 8-2 against Washington College.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to action on Thursday, March 29 at St. Scholastica for a 4 pm match.