Jackson, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin had the NACC title in sight after beating Wisconsin Lutheran, all they needed was a victory on Saturday against MSOE to bring home the outright NACC regular season championship. The Falcons did just that and have now been crowned the NACC regular season champs for the third year in a row.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, MSOE 0
Location: Pleasant Valley Tennis Courts (Jackson Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 10-0 (9-0 NACC), MSOE 9-5 (NACC 6-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons began Saturday with the excitement of not only knowing that they own a share of the NACC title, but with the knowledge that if they had a strong performance they could claim the NACC title all to themselves.
- Doubles play was the first step in that direction for the Falcons as they began with a convincing 8-0 game result from senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and senior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.). CUW had a close finish shortly after as the pair of freshman Megan Sosnosky (Two River, Wis.) and sophomore Rebekah Spiegelhoff (Mount Pleasant, Wis.) edged out their opponents with an 8-6 score.
- Concordia Wisconsin had a three-point lead heading into singles play and they never gave MSOE a chance to get back into it. The Falcons rattled off three more total match points by outscoring MSOE 36-3 in three singles matches. Spiegelhoff posted a result of 6-0, 6-0 along with Carroll who held her opponent to one point in a 6-1, 6-0 finish.
- Depth is something that Concordia Wisconsin has relied on all season and it showed up again on Saturday. The Falcons had strong performances from sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and junior Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) who posted singles scores of 6-2, 6-0 and 6-2, 6-0 respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin has now captured the NACC title for the third year in a row.
- The Falcons continue their regular season NACC winning streak that is up to 28-matches. CUW has not been beaten in a regular season NACC match in three years.
NEXT ON THE SCHDULE
- The Falcons will not be back on the courts till Sunday, April 8, 2018 against St. Norbert.