Aurora, Ill. – On a Saturday afternoon, Concordia Wisconsin earned two NACC victories, as they traveled to Aurora and Dominican and came away with 8-1, 9-0 results. These two wins keep CUW perfect in NACC play with a 7-0 record.
Final Scores: Concordia Wisconsin 8, Aurora 1; Concordia Wisconsin 9, Dominican 0
Location: Batavia, Ill.; River Forest, Ill.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-0 (7-0 NACC), Aurora 1-9 (1-5 NACC), Dominican 0-10 (0-6 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons started the day with a matchup against Aurora looking to keep their perfect NACC record intact. CUW had a strong doubles performance by sweeping all three matches with scores of 8-0, 8-1 and 8-2. The Falcons have outscored opponents 73-35 in their last four doubles matches.
- Singles play showed how deep the Falcons lineup is, as CUW only allowed three points in four of the six singles matches against Aurora. Junior Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.), only gave up one point all match as she finished 8-1 in doubles and 6-0,6-0 in her singles matches.
- Concordia Wisconsin continued their strong day as they traveled to Forest Park, Ill. as a part of their doubleheader. CUW started off doubles play against Dominican with a strong 8-0 match result by the way of pair senior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and Sophomore Rebekah Spiegelhoff (Mount Pleasant, Wis.). Then later started off singles play with two impressive match wins with results of 6-0, 6-0 from Sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and Jacobsen.
- CUW also were provided with a 6-1, 6-0 result from Senior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) and a 6-1, 6-2 victory from senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.). The Falcons only allowed 14 points in the entire match, while scoring 96 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Carroll also had a strong day as she outscored her opponents 24-3 in singles play across both NACC matches. Junior Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) also proved be a strong part of the lineup as well, going 4-0 including two doubles victories and two singles victories.
- Concordia Wisconsin extends their NACC winning streak to 26 matches dating back to the 2014-2015 season.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will try and defend their home courts as they take on Wisconsin Lutheran on Friday, October 7.