HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin's start to its spring break trip wasn't kind, with a 5-4 loss to Wooster and a 6-3 setback against Webster.
Final Score: Wooster 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4; Webster 6, Concordia Wisconsin 3
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 10-4, Webster 4-4, Wooster 4-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons began the trip with a tight 5-4 defeat against the Fighting Scots of Wooster. The back was back and forth, and three singles matches needed tiebreaking points to decide the outcome.
- Concordia Wisconsin dug itself into a hole after losing all three doubles matches. After losing a singles matches to even further behind, they regrouped and won four-consecutive singles matches to tie the match at four points apiece.
- Sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) earned a difficult 7-6 (9-7), 6-0 win at No. 1 singles, while junior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) captured a 6-3, 6-2 victory at No. 3 singles. Junior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) took a 6-2, 6-4 decision at No. 4 singles and senior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) was victories – 6-0, 6-2 at No. 6 singles.
- During the second match of the day versus the Gorloks from Webster, the Falcons took the No. 2 doubles match when sophomore Bailey Kelley (Racine, Wis.) and Tresedder took an 8-6 win.
- Kelley picked up a 6-4, 6-1 victory at No. 2 singles, while Carroll recorded a 6-4, 6-1 victory at No. 4 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Carroll extends her singles winning streak to eight matches.
- The Falcons have lost four non-conference matches in a row after going 10-0 in the fall.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will compete against Millsaps and Stockton on Thursday.