RIVER FOREST, Ill. – It was another dominant performance in NACC play for the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Tennis team, a 9-0 win over Concordia University Chicago Saturday afternoon. The Falcons have now won both NACC matches this season by a 9-0 score, a perfect start to their NACC title defense.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Concordia Chicago 0
- Location: CUC Courts – River Forest, Ill.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-0, 2-0 NACC; Concordia Chicago 0-2, 0-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW began the day with two 8-0 wins and an 8-3 victory in doubles play. The No. 2 team of junior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and senior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) posted an 8-0 win, as did the No. 3 duo of junior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) and freshman Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.).
- The third doubles win for the Falcons was an 8-3 decision at the No. 1 matchup. It was the team of junior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and sophomore Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) who posted the 8-3 victory.
- CUW continued to roll in singles play, gaining all six wins in straight sets, four by a 6-0, 6-0 score. Among the 6-0, 6-0 wins was Kelly at No. 2 singles and Carroll at the No. 3 position.
- Sievers added a 6-0, 6-0 victory at No. 4 singles, while Wagner posted the same score in her No. 6 singles match.
- Jacobsen recorded a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 5 singles and Tresedder rounded out the Falcons singles dominance, posting a 6-3, 6-1 win in No. 1 singles action.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has now won 12 straight NACC regular season matches dating back to last season. The Falcons won the NACC a season ago with a perfect 10-0 league record.
- CUW will host Alverno tomorrow at 9 a.m. The match was originally scheduled for Saturday morning but was postponed to Sunday due to the rain in the Mequon area Friday night.