KOHLER, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Tennis team began its NACC title defense in dominant fashion Wednesday, sweeping Lakeland University by a 9-0 score. The Falcons rolled by winning all three doubles matches, 8-0, and winning each singles contest in straight sets.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Lakeland 0
- Location: Sports Core – Kohler, Wis.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-0, 1-0 NACC; Lakeland 0-2, 0-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW opened the day in style with 8-0 wins in each doubles match. The Falcons three doubles pairings were sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and junior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) as the No. 1 duo, junior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and sophomore Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) as the No. 2 team and junior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and senior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) as the No. 3 pairing.
- The Falcons continued to roll in singles play, winning all six matches in straight sets. Three of those matches were won by 6-0, 6-0 scores, including Solberg at the No. 1 singles spot. Also winning 6-0, 6-0 was Jacobsen in No. 6 singles play and freshman Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) at the No. 5 singles position.
- Tresedder netted a 6-0, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles, while Kelly posted the same scores in reverse order in her No. 3 singles match, posting a 6-2, 6-0 win.
- The final singles victory for CUW came at the No. 4 spot, with Carroll winning 6-0, 6-3.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has now won 11 straight NACC regular season matches dating back to last season. The Falcons posted a perfect 10-0 record in league play in 2015 as they look to defend their title this fall.
- CUW will look to continue its run in the NACC with a pair of contests this weekend. The Falcons will host Alverno at 9 a.m. before visiting Concordia Chicago for a 2 p.m. start.