DE PERE, Wis. – A week after its 17-match winning streak ended Concordia Wisconsin dropped back-to-back non-conference matches on Saturday afternoon. The Falcons lost 5-4 to Wartburg and 7-2 to St. Norbert.
Final Score: Warburg 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4; St. Norbert 7, Concordia Wisconsin 2
Location: Green Bay Tennis Center (De Pere, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 17-4, Wartburg 8-14, St. Norbert 14-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons won a pair of doubles matches against Wartburg to gain a 2-1 edge early on. Sophomore Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) needed extra time to win 9-7 at No. 2 doubles, while sophomore Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and junior Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) won 8-3 at No. 3 doubles.
- CUW struggled during singles matches winning just two. Jacobsen picked up a 6-4, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles and freshman Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) won 6-3, 6-1 at No. 4 singles.
- During the afternoon match against the host Green Knights, it was a lot more difficult in the loss. St. Norbert took all three doubles matches to own a 3-0 lead early.
- The singles victories for the Falcons were a repeat from the morning match, as Jacobsen had a 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 3 singles and Kelly earned a 6-1, 6-0 decision at No. 4 singles.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW hosts North Park and Carroll in a week on Saturday, April 16. The doubleheader will start at 10 am.