MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin hosted Alverno Tuesday evening and came away with a 7-2 win, remaining unbeaten in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 7, Alverno 2
Location: Mequon, Wis.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin (7-1, 7-0 NACC), Alverno (4-4, 3-3 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons began the match by winning all three doubles competitions. Freshman duo Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) had the toughest doubles match of the evening winning 8-5 in No. 1 doubles.
- In the singles matches, CUW won four out of the six matches. Sophomore Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) blanked her opponent 6-0, 6-0 at No. 2 singles and Kelly also blanked her opponent 6-0, 6-0 at No. 5 singles.
- In the No. 6 singles match, junior Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) had a close first game winning 6-4, but easily won game two, 6-0.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With tonight's win, CUW clinches a spot in the conference tournament.
- The Falcons also extend their winning streak to seven matches and remains unbeaten in the NACC.
- For the second time this season Tresedder has blanked her opponent at No. 2 singles and it is also the third time that Kelly has blanked her opponent at the No. 5 singles.
UP NEXT FOR CUW
- The Falcons will be in St. Peter, Minnesota this Friday and Saturday for the ITA Regional Championship.
April 30, 2017 Dinner of Champions highlights success over past year
July 25, 2016 Tennis programs place eight on ITA Scholar-Athlete Teams
May 12, 2016 Women's Tennis ends season in NCAA Tournament
April 23, 2016 Women's Tennis snaps skid, defeats UW-Stevens Point
April 16, 2016 Women's Tennis drops matches to North Park, Carroll
April 9, 2016 Women's Tennis drops matches to Warburg, St. Norbert
April 2, 2016 Women's Tennis winning streak snapped
April 1, 2016 Falcons defeat Greenville in non-conference play
March 15, 2016 Women’s Tennis opens up spring trip with a pair of wins
December 15, 2015 Macioch donates bone marrow for woman with Leukemia
October 15, 2015 Falcons represented well in NACC postseason awards
October 5, 2015 Solberg named NACC Women's Tennis Player of the Week
October 3, 2015 Women's Tennis wins NACC regular season title with win over MSOE
October 2, 2015 Women's Tennis earns share of NACC regular season title
September 30, 2015 Women's Tennis defeats perennial power Edgewood
September 28, 2015 Doubles pairings leading Falcons success
September 26, 2015 Falcons compete at USTA/ITA, Gustavus Tournaments
September 22, 2015 Women’s Tennis protects home court, clinches spot in NACC Tournament
September 19, 2015 Women's Tennis stays perfect in NACC play with wins over Cougars, Stars
September 14, 2015 Women’s Tennis continues winning streak at Marian
September 12, 2015 Women’s Tennis remains undefeated in NACC play after a pair of wins
September 5, 2015 Women’s Tennis opens NACC play by defeating Aurora
September 2, 2015 Women's Tennis blanked by Carroll in season opener
August 24, 2015 Women's Tennis assists in Street Life Ministries
August 24, 2015 Women's Tennis selected to finish second in NACC Preseason Poll