MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The CUW women's soccer team fell on the road on Wednesday night at the Milwaukee School of Engineering, 2-3. The loss sends the Falcons to 8-9 on the year and to 6-3 in the NACC. The Raiders improve to 10-7 and 7-2 in NACC play.
- Sophomore Allison McElwee (Laramie, Wyo.) started the scoring in the 25th minute. She was able to sneak past two MSOE defenders and have the Raider keeper watch the ball roll to her right and into the net.
- MSOE responded with a goal from Jill Ruark to tie the match at halftime.
- The Raiders scored two second-half goals from Ruark and Jeray Riffel.
- Sophomore Alexandra Tomich (Mission Viejo, Calif.) cut into the MSOE lead with a goal in the 72nd minute with a deflection off of a free kick from senior Ashley Johnson (Chesterfield, Mich.).
- Sophomore Kaeley Sterkel (Dana Point, Calif.) recorded five saves for the Falcons.
- Alexandra Tomich led CUW with four shots on goal.
- The Falcons outshot the Raiders on Wednesday, 16-12.
- CUW now leads the all-time series, 16-8-1.
The Falcons close the regular season with a match on Saturday against Concordia Chicago, where they will celebrate senior day. The regular season will then close on Wednesday at home against Alverno.