RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team was defeated 3-0 by Dominican University on Saturday.
-Final Score: Dominican 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0
-Location: West Campus Field – River Forest, Ill.
-Records: Dominican 11-2 (6-0 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin 7-7 (5-1 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless half hour of play, the Stars got on the board as Tania Paez scored unassisted with a shot to the far post.
- Paez added a second goal less than four minutes into the second period. Sammy Hatfield assisted on the play.
- Vanessa Salazar tacked on to the Stars' lead later in the second period when she shot a rebounded ball off a diving save into the vulnerable net.
- Crosbie Kowalski (Milwaukee, Wis.) led the Falcons with two shots on goal.
- The Stars outshot the Falcons 16-3.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The loss dropped the Falcons overall record to .500 on the year and was the first NACC loss of the season.
- The Falcons return home to take on Lakeland on Wednesday, October 10 at 3:30pm.