MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team has found its groove. After a challenging start which featured several difficult non-conference opponents, the Falcons have won four-straight matches, the latest a 4-0 victory over Edgewood Wednesday. CUW moved to 3-0-0 in the NACC with the win.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Edgewood 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 5-5-0, 3-0-0 NACC; Edgewood 0-7-1, 0-3-0 NACC
OLIVIA KINDT POSTGAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The win was the third straight shutout for the Falcons as sophomore keeper Oliva Kindt (Dyer, Ind.) made five saves. Kindt has posted two of those three shutouts, also blanking Benedictine in a NACC tilt last Saturday.
- CUW scored twice in each half and it was senior Nicole Ciesielczyk (Waukesha, Wis.) who started the party. Jordan Lohse (Sheboygan, Wis.) sent a corner kick towards Alexandra Tomich (Mission Viejo, Calif.) in the ninth minute. Tomich was able to direct the ball towards Ciesielczyk who deflected it in for a 1-0 advantage.
- Shannon Carroll (Mundelein, Ill.) put the Falcons up 2-0 with a blast from 30 yards out in the 34th minute. Her shot forced the Edgewood keeper to go up to get it and it just slipped out of her hands, giving the Falcons a two-goal halftime lead.
- In the second half, freshman Isabel Downs (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) posted her team-leading fifth goal of the season in the 52nd minute off an Allison McElwee (Laramie, Wyo.) assist. Tomich put the finishing touches on the Eagles as she struck in the final minute, making the final 4-0 in favor of the Falcons.
- CUW used a 24-10 shot advantage to help gain the fourth-straight victory. The Falcons finished with 10 shots on goal compared to five for Edgewood, all five stopped by Kindt.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has been dominant over the current four-match winning streak, outscoring opponents, 11-1. Three of the four wins have been NACC matches.
- CUW will continue a three-match home stretch with another NACC tilt Saturday. The Falcons will host Aurora at 1 p.m. at Fitting Field.