FOND DU LAC, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team began conference play with a 4-1 win over Marian Wednesday night in a NACC road matchup. Alexandra Tomich scored two of the Falcons four goals, the four coming unanswered after Marian opened the night with a 1-0 lead. Olivia Kindt added a career-best nine saves in allowing the Falcons a 1-0-0 conference start.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Marian 1
- Location: Smith Field – Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 2-5-0, 1-0-0 NACC; Marian 3-5-0, 0-1-0 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It took a while for the Falcons to get going in the opening half, but once they started the scoring they couldn't be stopped. After trailing 1-0 with a 16th-minute goal from Marian, CUW scored in the 32nd, 38th, and 42nd minutes for a 3-1 halftime lead.
- Ashley Johnson (Chesterfield, Mich.) got the Falcons even with her second goal of the season on a free kick from nearly 40 yards out. Just under six minutes later, Tomich (Mission Viejo, Calif.) buried the first of her two goals, this one off a Nicole Ciesielczyk (Waukesha, Wis.) assist for a 2-1 Falcons lead.
- Freshman Isabel Downs (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) continues to make an impact in her rookie season with CUW as she put them up 3-1 with 3:17 remaining in the first half. The three goals over the final 14 minutes for the Falcons helped cap off a half which they outshot the Sabres, 17-10.
- Tomich provided some insurance for CUW in the second half with her second goal of the night. The sophomore took a pass from Allison McElwee (Laramie, Wyo.) and gave the Falcons the three-goal advantage.
- Kindt (Dyer, Ind.) was outstanding in her first win of the season as the sophomore keeper stopped nine shots. Five of her saves came before halftime. Marian also received a nine-save performance from Danielle Deltgen.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tomich certainly enjoys playing the Sabres as half of her career goals have come against Marian. She scored a game-winning goal against Marian in a 2-1 NACC Tournament win last year.
- The Falcons have shown they have the ability to score in bunches this season. CUW has scored four goals on three separate occasions, the two other times coming against Franklin and Lake Forest.
- The Falcons will visit Benedictine Saturday for a NACC matchup beginning at 5:00 p.m.
October 17, 2018 Women’s Soccer Edged at MSOE
October 13, 2018 Women’s Soccer battles Illinois Tech, falls in double overtime
October 10, 2018 Offense, defense stellar as Women’s Soccer shuts out Lakeland
October 9, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (October 9, 2018)
October 6, 2018 Women’s Soccer falls to Dominican
October 3, 2018 Two Hat Tricks lead Women's Soccer in rout of Warriors
October 2, 2018 Kindt secures NACC Women's Soccer Weekly Defensive Award
September 30, 2018 UW-La Crosse snaps Falcons five-match winning streak
September 29, 2018 Women's Soccer takes care of Aurora for fifth-straight win
September 26, 2018 Women's Soccer blanks Edgewood, remains perfect in NACC play
September 23, 2018 Sterkel stops UW-Oshkosh as Women's Soccer wins third straight
September 22, 2018 Downs nets lone goal in Falcons victory
September 19, 2018 NACC season begins with a win for Women's Soccer
September 16, 2018 Belles score quickly to down Falcons
September 15, 2018 Women's Soccer unable to slow down No. 25 Calvin
September 11, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (September 11, 2018)
September 10, 2018 Hull nets two goals, leads Women's Soccer over Lake Forest
September 8, 2018 Women's Soccer falls to Elmhurst
September 6, 2018 Women's Soccer drops road tilt at UW-Whitewater
September 5, 2018 Women's Soccer at UW-Whitewater postponed to Thursday
September 1, 2018 Women's Soccer falls in season opener to Franklin 5-4
August 20, 2018 Women's Soccer tabbed third in NACC preseason poll