NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Concordia Wisconsin's Allison McElwee put a shot in the back of the net early in Sunday afternoon's contest, but Saint Mary's answered back with a pair of goals less than eight minutes later and added another late in the game for a 3-1 non-conference victory.
Final Score: Saint Mary's 3, Concordia Wisconsin 1
Location: Purcell Athletic Fields (Notre Dame, Ind.)
Records: Saint Mary's 3-4-0, Concordia Wisconsin 1-5-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McElwee (sophomore, Laramie, Wyo.) received a nice pass from freshman Kyle Haarmann (Statesville, N.C.) a few yards to the right of the goal and fired it past the goalie to the back left of the net to give Concordia Wisconsin an early lead just seven minutes and 18 seconds into the game.
- However, the Belles' Rose Stackhouse tied the game at a goal apiece just over two minutes later and Lexi Trombly scored a marker just before the 115-minute mark to put the hosts ahead for good.
- Trombly added her second unassisted goal of the game in the 85th minute of a deflected free kick.
- Saint Mary's held a 24-16 advantage in shots, while Concordia Wisconsin did have an 8-7 lead in shots on goal.
- Sophomore Kaeley Sterkel (Dana Point, Calif.) made four saves for the Falcons in a complete game effort.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin begins NACC play on Wednesday with a 7 pm road match at Marian.