GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team went on the road facing a challenge in No. 25 Calvin Saturday afternoon. Calvin proved why it was ranked in the top 25 of the latest United Soccer Coaches, downing the Falcons by a 6-1 final.
- Final Score: Calvin 6, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Zuidema Field – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Records: Calvin 4-1-1; Concordia Wisconsin 1-4-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Calvin scored three times in the first half, the opening goal coming in the eighth minute. Emily Van Vliet, Mackenna Nesky, and Jessica Paulson tallied first-half goals for the Knights.
- The lone Falcons score came in the 77th minute from freshman Crosbie Kowalski (Milwaukee, Wis.). The goal was the first of Kowalski's career and was assisted by sophomore Ally Hull (Wasilla, Alaska).
- Paulson tallied one of Calvin's second-half goals to finish with two for the match. The Knights outshot CUW 20-9.
- Olivia Kindt (Dyer, Ind.) made five saves for the Falcons.
- The Falcons will look to bounce back tomorrow with another road matchup against another MIAA opponent. CUW will battle St. Mary's (Indiana) at 1 p.m. eastern.
September 22, 2018 Downs nets lone goal in Falcons victory
September 19, 2018 NACC season begins with a win for Women's Soccer
September 16, 2018 Belles score quickly to down Falcons
September 15, 2018 Women's Soccer unable to slow down No. 25 Calvin
September 11, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (September 11, 2018)
September 10, 2018 Hull nets two goals, leads Women's Soccer over Lake Forest
September 8, 2018 Women's Soccer falls to Elmhurst
September 6, 2018 Women's Soccer drops road tilt at UW-Whitewater
September 5, 2018 Women's Soccer at UW-Whitewater postponed to Thursday
September 1, 2018 Women's Soccer falls in season opener to Franklin 5-4
August 20, 2018 Women's Soccer tabbed third in NACC preseason poll