MEQUON, Wis. – Sophomore Ally Hull scored two goals and added an assist in leading the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team to a 4-1 win over Lake Forest Monday evening. The Falcons scored twice in each half in picking up their first win of the 2018 season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Lake Forest 1
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 1-3; Lake Forest 3-3
ALLY HULL POSTGAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hull (Wasilla, Alaska) got the scoring started in the 18th minute as she took it up the left side of the pitch and buried her first goal of the season. Hull would add her second goal in the opening minutes of the second half and would also assist on the Falcons final goal of the match.
- Allison McElwee (Laramie, Wyoming) netted her first goal of the season off a perfect cross from Nicole Ciesielczyk (Waukesha, Wis.) in the 38th minute. The McElwee score put the Falcons up 2-0 at the break.
- After Hull made the score 3-0 just 2:09 into the second half, freshman Isabel Downs (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) put CUW up four with her second goal of 2018. Hull found Downs for the score, making it a five-point match for the sophomore.
- Lake Forest would score its only goal in the 66th minute, making the final score 4-1 in favor of the Falcons. Kaeley Sterkel (Dana Point, Calif.) finished with three saves for the Falcons in her first win of the season.
- CUW outshot Lake Forest, 13-6, in the match and held a 6-4 edge in shots on goal. The Falcons buried four of those six opportunities in the non-conference win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons certainly like playing at home as they have scored four goals in each of the first two home matches of the season. CUW has yet to score in two road tilts.
- The win marks the second-straight year CUW has defeated Lake Forest for the first win of its season. The Falcons were 0-2-2 last year before picking up a 2-1 road win at Lake Forest.
- The Falcons will begin a five-match road swing this weekend as they visit Calvin Saturday afternoon. The match is set for a 2:30 p.m. eastern start in Grand Rapids, Michigan.