WHITEWATER, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team fell in a 2-0 contest Thursday night at UW-Whitewater. The host Warhawks scored twice in the second half to down the Falcons in the non-conference matchup.
- Final Score: UW-Whitewater 2, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Fiskum Field – Whitewater, Wisconsin
- Records: UW-Whitewater 2-1; Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons finished the match with a slight 15-14 edge in shots, although the Warhawks ended with an 8-6 advantage in shots on goal. Both teams fired 10 shots in the second half.
- Anna Boyd and Elli Wahlberg provided the offense for UW-Whitewater, with Boyd connecting on the game-winner in the 51st minute. Wahlberg added an insurance goal for the Warhawks in the 79th minute.
- Olivia Kindt (Dyer, Ind.) played well in her first collegiate start, making six saves for the Falcons. Her counterpart, Nina Yonan, made six saves as well for the Warhawks. Each keeper made three stops in each half.
- Shannon Carroll (Mundelein, Ill.) totaled a match-high six shots while Ally Hull (Wasilla, Alaska) added three shots for CUW.
- CUW will visit Elmhurst Saturday for another non-conference test. The Falcons and Bluejays will start at 3 p.m.
September 22, 2018 Downs nets lone goal in Falcons victory
September 19, 2018 NACC season begins with a win for Women's Soccer
September 16, 2018 Belles score quickly to down Falcons
September 15, 2018 Women's Soccer unable to slow down No. 25 Calvin
September 11, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (September 11, 2018)
September 10, 2018 Hull nets two goals, leads Women's Soccer over Lake Forest
September 8, 2018 Women's Soccer falls to Elmhurst
September 6, 2018 Women's Soccer drops road tilt at UW-Whitewater
September 5, 2018 Women's Soccer at UW-Whitewater postponed to Thursday
September 1, 2018 Women's Soccer falls in season opener to Franklin 5-4
August 20, 2018 Women's Soccer tabbed third in NACC preseason poll