MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Women's Soccer team is ready to begin postseason play with a NACC Tournament match against Marian Sunday afternoon. The Falcons are the No. 4 seed in the NACC Tournament and will host the fifth-seeded Sabres in a first-round matchup.
- Who: No. 5 Marian (10-8) at No. 4 Concordia Wisconsin (9-6-3)
- Where: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Sunday, October 27 – 1 p.m.
- Live Coverage: CUWFalcons.com will provide live video (weather permitting) and stats. Live links can be found on the Women's Soccer schedule.
- The Falcons are back in the NACC Tournament after missing out a season ago. CUW is the No. 4 seed after finishing in a tie for third in the NACC Regular Season standings. The Falcons posted a 7-2-1 record in league play this year.
- No. 5 seed Marian enters as the hottest team in the NACC, winners of five straight. With four matches to play in the regular season, Marian was 2-4 in NACC play but won the final four matches to earn a spot in the league tournament. The Falcons have the second-longest current winning streak in the NACC at three matches.
- The Falcons have appeared in every NACC Tournament but one (2016) and own a 7-8-2 record all-time in the conference tournament. CUW and Marian have met twice in the NACC Tournament - the Falcons winning a 2-0 decision in 2008 and Marian rebounding with a 2-1 win in 2009.
- CUW defeated Marian 3-2 in the regular season matchup, which was the team's first NACC match back on September 20. Kayla Schlosser scored all three goals for the Falcons in the home victory.
- CUW went 4-2-2 at home during the regular season. All but one of the eight home contests were decided by one goal or less.
2017 NACC Tournament
Sunday, October 29 - First Round
#5 Marian and #4 Concordia Wisconsin, 1 p.m.
#6 Benedictine at #3 Aurora, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, November 1 - Semifinals
Highest Remaining Seed at #2 Dominican, 1 p.m.
Lowest Remaining Seed at #1 MSOE, 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 4 – Finals
Lowest Remaining Seed at Highest Remaining Seed, TBD