MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team continued its run of dominance over Wisconsin Lutheran with a 4-0 NACC home win Wednesday. The Falcons, who scored twice in each half, have now won 17 straight against the Warriors, many of those by multiple goals.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 5-3-2, 4-1-0 NACC; WLC 4-8-0, 2-2-0 NACC
JOSIE DOMBROWSKI POSTMATCH
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Despite several chances early, it took until the 32nd minute to get the Falcons on the board. CUW was aided by Wisconsin Lutheran on the first goal, an own goal misplayed the keeper.
- The Falcons went up 2-0 with just under two minutes left in the first half when Ashley Johnson (Chesterfield, Mich.) struck from just outside the 18-yard box. Johnson was able to beat the Warriors keeper in the lower left corner of the goal for the two-goal halftime edge.
- Kayla Schlosser (Germantown, Wis.) scored her team-leading seventh goal of the season of an assist by McKenna Kowalski. Kowalski (Milwaukee, Wis.) tallied the final goal for the Falcons, this one off a cross from freshman Allison McElwee (Laramie, Wyo.).
- CUW dominated possession and it showed on the stat sheet with a 34-1 edge in shots, and a 13-0 advantage in shots on goal. Schlosser fired a match-best eight shots, while Brooke Keller (Belgium, Wis.) added six.
- The Falcons used Wednesday's match as an opportunity to get three keepers some playing time. Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) started the match, but the win went to Kaeley Sterkel (Dana Point, Calif.), who played 37:46 and was on the field when the game-winning goal was scored. Olivia Kindt (Dyer, Ind.) played the final 24:56 for CUW.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has won the last 17 in the series against Wisconsin Lutheran and is now 20-2-0 in matches dating back to 2000. Ryan Middendorf, who took over the program prior to the 2003 season, has never lost against the Warriors.
- The Falcons will be the second part of an important men's/women's NACC doubleheader at Fitting Field Saturday against Dominican. On the women's side, Dominican owns 4-0-1 record in the NACC, while the Falcons are 4-1-0.