CHICAGO – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team faced what will likely be its toughest test of the season Wednesday, a road match at the No. 3 ranked team in the country. The Falcons battled, but fell to No. 3 Chicago, 4-0, in non-conference play.
- Final Score: No. 3 Chicago 4, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Stagg Field – Chicago
- Records: Chicago 3-0-0; CUW 0-2-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chicago scored twice in each half, including the first six minutes in the contest. Jenna McKinney tallied the opening score, one of two goals for her in the match. Chicago would add another first-half score with 1:20 remaining before the break.
- The Maroons two scores in the second half came 2:24 apart from one another. McKinney scored her second to make the score 3-0 and Adrianna Vera tallied the final goal of the contest for the Maroons.
- Senior Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) recorded 11 saves for the Falcons as the Maroons had a 42-3 edge in shots. Freshman Olivia Kindt saw her first collegiate action, making three saves over the final 9:28.
- Katie Donovan played the first half for Chicago, stopping one shot for her third win of the season.
- The Falcons will return to action next Wednesday for the 2017 home opener against another top 10 opponent. CUW welcomes in No. 10 UW-Whitewater for a 4 p.m. start.