MEQUON, Wis. – A tough 14-minute stretch proved to be the difference between the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team and No. 8 University of Chicago, resulting in a 4-0 setback for the Falcons Sunday. The Maroons scored four times between the 26th and 40th minutes as the two teams played a scoreless second half.
- Final Score: No. 8 Chicago 4, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: No. 8 Chicago 14-1, Concordia Wisconsin 4-11-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons remained scoreless with the high-powered Maroons for the first 25 minutes, surviving a few close calls early on. In the opening half, Chicago hit three crossbars and had several other strong scoring chances before going on the four-goal burst.
- Jenna McKinney got Chicago on the board with her 12th goal of the season, coming just into the 26th minute. Mia Calamari would add a goal 2:40 later, coming off a cross from McKinney.
- Kaitlin Price and Adrianna Vera scored the final two goals of the half for the Maroons, resulting in the 4-0 opening 45 minutes.
- The Falcons continued to battle in the second half but had a difficult time mustering up scoring opportunities. CUW finished with just two shots in the match, one each from senior Halie Schieffer (Belgium, Wis.) and sophomore Kayla Schlosser (Germantown, Wis.).
- The Falcons will close their season Wednesday with a NACC road matchup at Lakeland. CUW and the Muskies are set for a 3:30 p.m. start.