AURORA, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team fell in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match at Aurora University Saturday, 1-0. The Spartans scored in the opening half and were able to hold on, handing CUW another one-goal setback.
- Final Score: Aurora 1, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Vago Field – Aurora, Illinois
- Records: Aurora 3-5-2, 2-1-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 1-8-0; 1-2-0 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The lone goal of the contest came in the 25th minute when Hannah Scahill tallied her second score of the season for the host Spartans. Julia Dages had the assist on the play as she took a header off the post, with Scahill being there for the rebound goal.
- Shots were difficult to come by Saturday as the two teams combined for just 14. The Falcons had only five of those, three coming in the first. The Falcons did have three corner kicks compared to two for the Spartans.
- Caitlin Deruiter made four saves for the Spartans, picking up the win in the process. Junior Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) finished the match with five saves for CUW.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons have been dealt some tough luck to start the season, falling eight times by one goal in nine total matches. The other match was a 4-0 win over Wisconsin Lutheran.
- CUW will visit Benedictine Wednesday night for another NACC match. The Falcons and Eagles are set for a 7 p.m. start.