MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team dropped another one-goal contest Sunday, falling 1-0 against UW-La Crosse. The Falcons and Eagles had to wait through one hour and twenty minute rain delay late in the second half, but the end result was another close setback for CUW.
- Final Score: UW-La Crosse 1, Concordia Wisconsin
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wis.
- Records: UW-La Crosse 6-2-0; Concordia Wisconsin 1-7-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The lone goal came in the 17th minute as the Eagles Margaret Harings lobbed a shot in from 25 yards out, just out of the reach of the Falcons goalkeeper. It was Harings second goal of the season.
- The contest again featured several weather issues. The match was moved up to a 2:30 start due to anticipated weather and the call nearly paid off until the storm hit with 18:35 remaining in regulation. The two teams waited out a one hour and 20 minute delay before returning to the pitch to finish play.
- Junior Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) played well for the Falcons, making four saves. The Eagles outshot CUW 11-7, with each team getting four shots in the second half.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- All seven of the Falcons setbacks this season have come by a goal. Five of those have come against teams currently in the regional rankings.
- CUW will return to action next Saturday for a NACC road tilt at Aurora. The match is set for a 1 p.m. start.