WHITEWATER, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team dropped a one-goal contest for the third straight time, falling at No. 10 UW-Whitewater, 2-1, on Thursday night.
- Final Score: No. 10 UW-Whitewater 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Fiskum Field – Whitewater, Wis.
- Records: UW-Whitewater 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons fell behind 2-0 as the Warhawks scored in the 24th and 68th minutes of action. Mackenzie Serbousk put UW-Whitewater up 1-0, while Emily Mouille tallied the Warhawks second goal.
- CUW scored late in the contest, as junior Abigail Freeland (Grafton, Wis.) tallied an unassisted score with just under two minutes to play. The goal was the fourth of the career of the Falcons senior defender.
- The Falcons were outshot 22-8 in the contest as the Warhawks posted a 9-4 edge in shots on goal. Junior Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) played well as the Falcons goalkeeper, making seven saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons opening three-match stretch was as difficult as you'd find in the country. CUW played two NCAA Tournament teams from a season ago, all on the road as well as Lake Forest, the 2015 Regular Season Midwest Conference Champions.
- The Falcons will finally play at home when they host St. Norbert Sunday at Fitting Field. It will be the latter part of a men's/women's doubleheader with action scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m. for the women.