Location: Berg Gymnasium (Stevens Point, Wis.)
Falcon Individual Placers: Merrick O'Donnell (184 pounds) fourth place, Eric Martinson (165 pounds) sixth place
HOW IT HAPPENED
- O'Donnell (Huntington Beach, Calif.) had the highest finish of any Falcons wrestler during the season-opening tournament placing fourth in the 184-pound bracket. He went 4-2 on the day and had three wins by fall and another by major decision. He began his day by pinning Blake Johnson (UW-Stevens Point) in 4:37 before falling to Griffin McBride (Central) by decision, 17-11.
- The sophomore then responded with three consecutive wins to put himself in the third-place match. He defeated Kevin Jankowski (UW-Stevens Point) by major decision, 14-2, before pinning Hunter Holdcraft (Augustana) in one minute and 12 seconds. O'Donnell also pinned Zack Moon (UW-Stevens Point). Bryce Herlache (UW-Oshkosh) defeated the Falcon by decision, 16-11.
- Martinson (Milwaukee, Wis.) took sixth in the 165-pound bracket with a 3-3 record. He had a win by fall in 1:39 over Jake Poole (Augustana) and had a 17-2 technical fall victory over Tanner Gonzalez (UW-Oshkosh). The senior also defeated Steve Collins (UW-Stevens Point) by decision, 9-4, to begin his day.
- Junior Alex Montibrand (Barlett, Ill.) picked up a win by fall in 1:38 over Clem Martin (Augustana) in the 165-pound division.
- Freshman Collin Riley (San Antonio, Texas) had back-to-back victories by fall during his day, with one coming in two minutes and 27 seconds against Holden Miller (Central), while his other was in 4:16 against Jacob Ramos (Augustana).
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to the Millikin Open on November 10, with the tournament scheduled to start at 9 am.