MEQUON, Wis. - Concordia Wisconsin completed an impressive showing on Thursday night with a 43-9 victory over Lakeland during a CCIW dual inside the R. John Buuck Field house.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 43, Lakeland 9
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-1, Lakeland 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin took it to Lakeland on Thursday evening, compiling five wins by fall and two by technical fall.
- The match began with a Matthew Saldana (freshman, Long Beach, Calif.) win by fall in 6:29 over his 125-pound opponent to give the Falcons a quick 6-0 advantage.
- Senior Joshua Curcio (Granger, Ind.) added another win by fall over his 141-pound foe in a 59 second bout, which was the second fast of the match.
- Sophomore Miguel Betancourt (El Paso, Texas) narrowly defeated his 149 opponent with a 4-2 decision to push Concordia Wisconsin's lead to 15-6.
- Freshman Eli Were (Brookfield, Wis.) had his arm raised high after a win by fall in one minute and six seconds.
- Senior Mason Mergener (Crivitz, Wis.) tallied another win by fall for the Falcons with a victory in 1:20 at 174 pounds.
- Junior Mitchell Slatton (Granger, Ind) earned an impressive 18-3 technical fall victory at 184 pounds to push the hosts lead to 32-9.
- Senior Mason Baumgartner (Hartford, Wis.) shutdown his 197-pound foe with a convincing 16-1 technical fall win.
- Senior John Hinson (Glendale, Ariz.) closed the match with the fastest pin of the night (0:44) at 285 pounds.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons defeat their second CCIW opponent within a matter of just over a week.
- Concordia Wisconsin defeated Lakeland for the third time in a row.
- Lakeland won just two bouts during the contest, with one being a 10-5 decision at 165 pounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the mat on Saturday, November 19, as it hosts the 24th Annual CUW Open inside the R. John Buuck Field House.