STEVENS POINT, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin split a pair of duals inside Berg Gym on Saturday to No. 26-ranked UW-Stevens Point and UW-Oshkosh. The Falcons lost 35-6 to begin the day against the Pointers before defeating the Titans 33-18.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, UW-Stevens Point 35; Concordia Wisconsin 33, UW-Oshkosh 18
Location: Berg Gym (Stevens Point, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-2, UW-Stevens Point 5-3, UW-Oshkosh 1-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons struggled against the 26th-ranked Pointers, winning just two of the 10 points in the dual. Sophomore Quentin Lueck (Saukville, Wis.) earned a 3-1 decision over Blaz Daul at 165 points, while sophomore Mitchell Slatton (Granger, Ind.) picked up a 2-1 decision against Tony Britton at 184 pounds.
- CUW was much more successful against the Titans, earning victories in six of the 10 bouts.
- Freshman Kameron Bourgeois (Whitnall, Wis.) earned a win by fall in 4:53 against Jonathan Flores at 125 pounds, while junior Joshua Curio (Granger, Ind.) also won by pinning Craig Mason in 2:15 at 141 pounds.
- Lueck defeated Patrick Reilly by decision, 3-0, at 165 pounds and junior Mason Mergener (Crivitz, Wis.) defeated Julius Smith by major decision, 17-6, at 174 pounds.
- Slatton picked up an 8-2 decision against John DePersia at 184 pounds, while junior John Hinson (Glendale, Ariz. almost shutout Chris Yaros with a 19-1 technical fall victory at 197 pounds.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will travel to Lakeland for a 7 pm dual on Wednesday to conclude the calendar year.