SOMERS, Wis. – UW-Parkside flexed its muscle on Wednesday evening during a convincing 42-5 dual meet victory over Concordia University Wisconsin inside DeSimone Gymnasium.
Final Score: UW-Parkside 42, Concordia Wisconsin 5
Location: DeSimone Gymnasium (Somers, Wis.)
Records: UW-Parkside (1-0), Concordia Wisconsin (2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons took an early lead after freshman Ben Reagan (Wauwatosa, Wis.) earned a technical fall decision win, 16-0, over his 149 pound opponent to give the visitors a 5-3 lead. From then on it was all Rangers during the lopsided victory.
- UW-Parkside earned a decision win at 141 pounds to start the match before CUW earned a technical fall victory. The final eight bouts of the dual were won by the Rangers, including three by fall.
- To start the match, junior Joshua Curcio (Granger, Ind.) nearly won, but his bout at 141 pounds ended in decision defeat, 7-6.
- At 197 and 133 pounds, it was junior John Hinson (Glendale, Ariz.) and sophomore Maxim Riederer (Milwaukee, Wis.) who each were within four points of their respective opponents during decision losses.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will have over a week to prepare for the 23rd Annual CUW Open, held inside the R. John Buuck Field House on Saturday, November 21, 2015.
Concordia Wisconsin at UW-Parkside
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
DeSimone Gymnasium (Somers, Wis.)
UW-P 42, CUW 5
141: Pernevlon Sheppard (UW-P) dec. Joshua Curcio (CUW), 7-6
149: Ben Reagan (CUW) tech. fall Robert Uttecht (UW-P), 16-0
157: Brandt Welcher (UW-P) won by fall Pierce Holtfreter (CUW), 4:38
165: Nick Fishback (UW-P) won by fall Quentin Lueck (CUW), 3:50
174: Nick Becker (UW-P) tech. fall Mason Mergener (CUW), 24-9
184: James Lehman (UW-P) tech. fall Mitchell Slatton (CUW), 17-2
197: Josh Anthony (UW-P) dec. John Hinson (CUW), 11-7
285: Matt Halverson (UW-P) won by fall Sam Olsen (CUW), 1:06
125: Ronzel Darling (UW-P) tech. fall Kameron Bourgeois (CUW), 17-2
133: Joseph Her (UW-P) dec. Maxim Riederer (CUW), 12-8